[Zope-dev] z3c.form 2.0

Laurent Mignon laurent.mignon at softwareag.com
Thu Feb 12 02:46:42 EST 2009

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Dan Korostelev wrote:
>>> Thanks for getting our attention on this. I consider this a show-stopper for
>>> 2.0. Dan, let's think about something creative that allows us to use the new
>>> and old way, maybe through a special import statement like that:
>> Is the problem in that zope2 still contains zope.* modules in itself
>> and not in the eggs, so if it contain old zope.app.component and the
>> new z3c.form depends on zope.site egg, we get two independent local
>> site implementation that will conflict?
>
> The 2.11 released versions do contain those packages, yes.  The 2.12
> release will be purely egg-based.
>
>> If so, I guess we have the
>> similar problem with ITerms that was moved to zope.browser.
>>
>> So, the "creative solution" could be to prepare a "compatibility"
>> packages that could be used for zope 2 instead of real zope.site and
>> zope.browser and contain reverse imports of things that were moved
>> from their places in zope2 zope.* packages. However, this should be
>> done by someone who works with Zope2 and that's not me, unfortunately.
>
> Anybody still using Zope 2.11.x should probably just stck with the
> versions of z3c.form which were known to work with that Zope2 version,
> knowing that they will be able to upgrade z3c.form at the same time as
> they upgrade Zope2 (and the underlying eggs).

For my part I can leave in my project with these know issues...
Tres, are you saying that if I want to continue to use the next release
of z3c.form with Zope2 / Plone, it would be necessary to upgrade to
zope-2.12???
Is-it realistic? Actually zope-2.12 is not officially released and I
don't know which are the potential problems to use it with plone3 ...
The 'creative solution' seems better to me. If I need it, I'll probably
develop it.