[Zope-dev] zope.publisher dependencies

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Feb 24 13:58:16 EST 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> On Feb 24, 2009, at 3:08 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>>> I've been working on the dependencies to and from zope.publisher.
>>> Refining the dependencies should make it easier to integrate
>>> zope.pipeline when it's ready.
>> Can you elaborate on this a bit?
>
> I've been discussing zope.pipeline on my blog.

I just looked and I don't see many specifics.  I think I have to look
at the code and I don't have time for that atm.

>  I am attempting to rebuild the publisher to make it easier to
> understand and customize.  I think it's working out pretty well.
> zope.pipeline is intended to replace most of the implementation code
> in zope.publisher and zope.app.publication.

If it is mixing those 2, them I'm not too impressed and I think those
two packages have very different concerns.

In any case, if what you you really want to do is to standardize some
common APIs that a number of different publishing implementations can
use, I'm fine with that.  It should be a new package that has just
those APIs and that zope.publisher could import.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation