[Zope-dev] Zope2 trunk: getting 'mkzopeinstance' / 'mkzeoinstance' working

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Tue Feb 24 18:02:05 EST 2009

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 17:46, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>> Creating an instance from the SVN checkout itself doesn't work for me
>> either for the same reason. The created scripts try to use the general
>> Python interpreter without the correct sys.path and end up missing out
>> all the dependencies.
>
> Right:  if you hack it to use the 'zopepy' script, rather than
> sys.executable, then the instance scripts work.

I looked at this, but guessing or reliably getting to the zopepy script
wasn't possible. So I added an explicit option to the script instead and
documented it. You can now use:

bin/mkzopeinstance --python=bin/zopepy

on the SVN trunk. You can omit this option and it will use
sys.executable as before.

Hanno