[Zope-dev] zope.publisher dependencies

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Feb 25 09:19:02 EST 2009

Hi there,

In general splitting up interfaces from implementations would help
pluggability. That said, I'm not very much in favor of such a split up
of so many packages at the moment, as the case for pluggability will
need to be made first for each new package created.

I think we should focus on reducing circular dependencies and
pluggability improvements where there are concrete benefits, before we
start to think of more general patterns.

I'd therefore like to see more concrete proposals (or actual
implementation) for rearranging of code in packages instead of general
pattern proposals. I know my discussion of splitting off ZCML
implementations out of packages foundered because many people would only
see the general proposal as acceptable but then found it *unacceptable*
because it'd generate so many new packages. :)

Regards,

Martijn