[Zope-dev] adapting to None

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 06:31:48 EST 2009

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> Now, you could, for example, then do:
>>
>> IFieldType([])
>>
>> ...which should return None.
>
> I don't understand your example: what is a field type,

It's a shortened naem for "Type of Field Value", as I said, it could
arguably be called IFieldValue, or maybe even IValue or IValueType...

> and why is None
> somehow a valid field type?

None occurs quite often as a default value for fields and types of
fields. (like NULL in relational databases).

This is all interesting discussion, but I'd *really* like to know why
subclassing an interface when the C-based implentation is in use doesn't
work.

Does *anyone* actually know the answer to this?
(rather than avoiding it by trying to make the problem something else ;-) )

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk