[Zope-dev] Plans for Zope 2.12

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Jan 21 11:01:07 EST 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Andreas Jung wrote:
> - RestrictedPython security audit: such an audit has been made
>   by Stefan and Sidnei. I am not qualified to speak about the
>   correctness of the audit. I assume they know what they were
>   doing. Unless objections one might consider this issue as
>   resolved - if not, please speak up.

Note that Jim never explained to me how he does these audits, but I gathered
some methods he used in conversations. I think I did a pretty thorough job
during the review.

> - how do to a "traditional" SVN checkout of the Zope 2 and the related
>   Zope 3 modules? The Zope2.buildout maintains its dependencies through
>   a KGS - the old-style SVN checkout uses svn:external. I think there
>   is a need for having both and don't know of a save way for keeping
>   the svn:externals and the KGS in sync (without additional manual
>   effort).

You can write the svn:externals via a script. I did that for the big Zope 3
tree in zope.release.

http://svn.zope.org/zope.release/branches/3.4/src/zope/release/tree.py?rev=81907&view=auto

The documentation is here:

http://svn.zope.org/zope.release/branches/3.4/src/zope/release/README.txt?rev=81907&view=auto