[Zope-dev] zope.app.folder -> zope.site, zope.container

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jan 30 12:04:47 EST 2009

Hi there,

In our dependency refactoring we realized that the main reason for the
existence of zope.app.folder is the mixing in of site management
facilities into a container implementation. Unfortunately it *also*
provides a container implementation that is like zope.container's, but
not the same...

We've moved the container implementation into zope.container.folder.
We've moved Folder itself into zope.site, where it mixes in site
management facilities that are also there now.

This should allow us to update many dependencies to use zope.site
instead of zope.app.folder, but we haven't completed this task yet.
'zope.app.folder' still works, as we left backwards compatibility in place.

Regards,

Martijn