[Zope-dev] issues with building zope2.11.3

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Jul 2 13:47:16 EDT 2009

On 02.07.09 19:41, Jonas Meurer wrote:

>>> I believe that this bug persists in zope2.12+, so it should be fixed in
>>> my eyes.
>>>
>> mechanize is basically a third-party module shipped with Zope. Since
>> Zope 2.12 requires Python 2.5 or 2.6 there is a chance will be resolved
>> automatically :)
>>
> yea, sounds reasonable. still, that means that zope2.11 uses features of
> python2.5+ while it still recommends and supports only python2.4.

mechanize is only used tests (using Five.testbrowser and zope.testbrowser).
So the functionality of Zope does not depend on mechanize and especially
not of this one Python file..I doubt that this file is ever used...so
possibly
pretty dead code from the Zope point of view - that's why I don't care much
this issue.
> does this mean, that zope2.11 works and is tested with python2.5?
No. Python 2.4 is required.

Andreas