[Zope-dev] z3c.form: data manager for PersistentDict/PersistentMapping

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Sat Jul 11 11:43:20 EDT 2009

Hello,

z3c.form.datamanager.DictionaryField is a data manager which is
registered for fields on a dict. In its __init__ it checks whether the
data object is an instance of dict. So this data manager does neither
work for UserDict nor PersistentDict/PersistentMapping.
I'd like to change this but there are two possibilities and I'm not
sure which is the best one:

1.) Add a subclasses of DictionaryField which is registered for
UserDict and which checks whether the data object is an instance of
UserDict.
     (PersistentDict and PersistentMapping are subclasses of UserDict.)

2.) Register DictionaryField for
zope.interface.common.mapping.IMapping. This might have a problem as
neither UserDict nor PersistentDict/PersistentMapping seem to provide
this interface. (Why?)

Any suggestions?

Yours sincerely,
--