[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.traversing/trunk/src/zope/traversing/ Moved the publicationtraverse module from zope.app.publication and added tests.

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sun Jun 21 05:36:45 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 13:04 -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> > Why?  traverseName is part of zope.app.publication's implementation.
> > Now it's oddly split off in a very separate package.
>
> The publisher traversal code is very similar to the code in
> zope.traversing, so I thought the best thing to do is put it in the same
> package as zope.traversing, so that traversal would be maintained in one
> place.

I think there's a valid goal around here. Publisher traversal and
traversal as used in templates have two different implementations that
partly overlap at some points and its hard to explain why there are two
of them.

I'm not sure whether we can get a single unified implementation, but for
me that would be nice.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com