[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.traversing/trunk/src/zope/traversing/ Moved the publicationtraverse module from zope.app.publication and added tests.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Jun 21 08:40:29 EDT 2009

On Jun 20, 2009, at 1:10 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:

> Why?  traverseName is part of zope.app.publication's
> implementation.  Now it's oddly split off in a very separate
> package. This makes customizing publication behavior more difficult.
> I recently made proxying overridable and missed traverseName.
>
> This should be moved back to zope.app.publication. The only other
> thing that uses this is zope.app.publsher.browser.menu. That can and
> should get to these methods via request.publication.
>
> Or, better yet, traverseRelativeURL and traversePath should be moved
> to the browser module and should get traverseName from
> request.publication.
>
> I'll go ahead and do this.

Unless something other than zope.app.publication.ZopePublication is
using PublicationTraverser (or PublicationTraverse) as a base class.
I'm guessing that this isn't likely.

The tests for PublicationTraverser either need it to provide
traverseName or they need the request to have a publication that has
traverseName. But the tests don't want to depend on
zope.app.publication.

Also, traverseRelativeURL really wants to use the publication
getDefaultTraversal method.

I'm going to wager that the intent of
zope.traverser.publicationtraverse is *not* to provide a publication
base class.  I'm going to refactor the tests so that they have a test
publication with minimal traverseName and getDefaultTraversal.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation