[Zope-dev] zc.async: cron replacement?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Jun 24 13:19:17 EDT 2009

Hi all,

In messages like http://www.mail-archive.com/zope3-dev@zope.org/msg05964.html,
zc.async is mentioned as the solution for cron-like functionality in zope.
Effectively you would not need zope2's clockserver.

Reading zc.async's docs, I cannot find how to do a given task regularly.  For
example a weekly pack.  Or a daily call of one method that archives older
items.  That sort of stuff. Many things can be handled by cronjobs, but you
tend to get a lot of them.  And you don't want to embed the password
everywhere.

Anyway: I cannot find the word "cron" anywhere in the zc.async source.  Or
"repetitive" or "regular".  Is zc.async not intended for this kind of usage?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com