[Zope-dev] Manuel Beta

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 18:07:59 EDT 2009

Benji York wrote:
> --- begin quote ---
>
> Contents of myfile.zcml::
>
>     <configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope">
>     blah blah blah
>     </configure>
>
> .. -> config
>
>     >>> import tmpfile
>     >>> f = tmpfile.mkstemp()
>     >>> f.write(config)
>     >>> f.close()

Okay, but this looks like I'd have to write the above every time I
wanted to save a file *and* the saving code would show in the docs, or
am I missing something?

> I could imagine a plug-in that understood the Sphinx
> "..  literalinclude:: example.file" directive and made the included
> lines available in a variable.  That might be handy when you *really*
> want to keep a file on-disk but still include part or all of it in a
> document.

I kind-of want the opposite of that. I want an easy, clean way to write
chunks from my docs to files in a temporary directory such that the code
being tested/documented can get at them.

This is for testing things that inherently run on files (eg: zc.buildout
recipies and the like).

In fact, thinking about it, it'd be great if there were two plugins:

- one to write files that code being tested could access from disk

- one to read files that code being tested had output and check their
contents were as expected.

Do you see what I mean?

cheers,

Chris