[Zope-dev] Standard request/response API

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Mar 1 13:00:19 EST 2009

There's been some discussion recently about separating the interfaces
in zope.publisher from the implementations to facilitate other
implementations.

I think it would be great to standardize request and response APIs.
I'd love to see this extend beyond the Zope community.   I believe
that there have been some moves to try to do this at the WSGI level,
although I haven't kept up with the discussion.

Speaking for myself, I'd be happy to change my code to comform to a
python-standard request API assuming that it had enough in it to adapt
it to existing APIs.

This might be an excellent project for PyCon.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation