[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Mar 2 21:25:02 EST 2009

Hi Martijn

> Betreff: [Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project
>
> The Zope Framework project
> ==========================
>
> :Author: Martijn Faassen
> :Date: 2009-03-02

I generaly agree and give you a big +1 for do something
and get a new fresh drive into our development process.

I probably will disagree with some details but for myself
it's much more important that we look forward and find
a better way how we work together.

In my point of view we should do the following:

precondition:
Don't do to much fomral things like write this document.

1. call for participation for a group of people
that are interested to work together

2. make progress with the refactoring and dependency cleanup
we started

3. show what we did and propose visions and strategies

4. get acceptance for what we this group did.

I'm pretty sure that after an intial progress most developer
will agree on future visions if the work is well done and is
based on the right descissions the working group made.

The zope community is not very good in find a way out of
problems and tend to discuss things till nothing happens.

But all the time if someone just did something it ends probably
with a good result. Especialy if some developer work together.
See grok, repoze or some z3c.* libraries

Let's just call for participation. I'm pretty sure we will find
the right road with the people which will contribute their ideas
and will help to make progress.

btw,
I could organize a sprint this spring if some people are interested.

Regards
Roger Ineichen