[Zope-dev] GSOC 2009

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.net
Tue Mar 3 04:05:43 EST 2009

Hi All,

A reminder...

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Martijn Faassen
<faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> The Zope Foundation would be happy to see people organize this. I
> personally won't be spending time on the summer of code this year
> however, so don't count on my helping to organize it this time.
>
> While some projects went fairly well, overall I wasn't happy with the
> results visible in our community. My evaluation overall is that there
> are better ways to invest my time to help the community make progress,
> so count me out.

The date is approaching to submit proposal.  If any one want to become the
administrator, please come forward.  I have created few pages in wiki:

http://wiki.zope.org/gsoc/SummerOfCode2009
http://wiki.zope.org/gsoc/ZopeFoundationsApplicationQuestionnaire2009

Can anyone please add 2008 experience to the questionnaire (Aroldo or
Martijn ?) ?
The "Zope 2 porting to Python 2.5" was technically a failure, but they
did some real
work with help of mentor (and later mentor himself completed it).  so,
we can consider
it as a success.  I am not sure about other projects.  Anyway, in
order to complete
that questionnaire we need a summary of 2008 experience.

Regards,
Baiju M