[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Paul Everitt paul at agendaless.com
Tue Mar 3 09:45:33 EST 2009

On 3/3/09 9:37 AM, Kent Tenney wrote:
> I'll chime in as a newbie.
>
> It seems many of the comments preferring ad-hoc to structure
> come from "we know what we are doing, we can take care of ourselves"
>
> I think Zope has the goal of attracting new users, and the proposal
> has potential to make Zope more inviting to the uninitiated.
>
> Zope is very diffuse, making it a challenge to grasp. I know I would benefit
> from any initiative which sought to provide an overview role.

I'm not sure that's a goal of this proposal.  The word "Zope" will
continue to have its previous series of semi-competing meanings.  The
word will now also be attached to "Framework", which will be the emphasis.

As I read it, regarding the diffusion, asking the stakeholders in the
existing meanings of the word to yield is not part of the proposal.
(Thankfully, as that is hopeless.)

The focus, though, will be on greatest-common-factor of the shared
meaning.  Not a solution to diffusion, but an improvement.

--Paul