[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Mar 3 12:10:21 EST 2009

Hi there,

Lennart Regebro wrote:
[snip]
>> As much as I prefer discussing with people in real life, there is the
>> notion of "no backroom conversations" WRT to driving development of an
>> open source project.
>
> OK. *Cough*. You and Martijn wrote this proposal. And you asked
> Stephan about it. You did backroom conversations.

I wrote the proposal based on conversations I had with Christian and
also Jim, and Christian and several others gave input.

Backroom work will happen (conversations and decisions both). But it
cannot be the only thing that drives the open source project.

 > Aren't we now saying that to avoid excluding some people, we should
 > exclude all but a steering group?  :-)

You have a very different perspective on a Steering Group. It's not a
mechanism for exclusion but for *inclusion*. The steering group should
care about the different interests in our community and actively balance
them and consult them, and channel existing energies allowing them to
result in something instead of dissipate.

Of course you seem to say this all depends on the people in the steering
group and that in practice this won't happen. This is something we'll
need to try to find out, right?

Regards,

Martijn