[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:16:52 EST 2009

Paul Everitt wrote:

> When I read Martin's post, I had a similar reaction.  Namely, that the
> convenience of the Uberthing (Plone in this case) will always trump the
> desire of packages trying to survive on their own for new audiences.  At
> the time of the configuration scolding, I remember thinking: there's
> little interest here in Chameleon's goal to be bigger than Zope.  "Keep
> things convenient for us in Plone!"

In this case, you totally misread my post. It broke for all users of
zope.component, and I never, once, made the argument that Chameleon was
part of Plone or should be driven purely by Plone's needs. I have no
such pretentions, nor does anyone else I know, about this, or zope.* or
the CMF package or, well, anything that is not expressly part of Plone.

That particular discussion is over, though, and I have no interest in
having it again.

Martin