[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Mar 4 09:47:39 EST 2009

Hi Paul

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project
>
> On 3/4/09 8:16 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

[...]

> Chameleon provided something that made it work for those
> users, while allowing it to not be burdened by those needs.
> Everybody wins.
> Hopefully such solutions will be the norm in the future.
>
> > That particular discussion is over, though, and I have no
> interest in
> > having it again.

I hope not! I don't like to have any code in an application which
I don't use.

But right now I don't see a better solution for the chicken
and egg problem we have with z3c.pt and chameleon support
in our base packages. In older days we used monkey patches
for that problem, but that's no solution anymore.

Regards
Roger Ineichen