[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.file/trunk/ Update package mailing list address. Remove zpkg stuff.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Mar 4 12:35:30 EST 2009

Baiju M wrote:
>>> They certainly aren't related to 'zpkg'.  The intent of the slugs was to
>>> allow for something like 'sites-available' / 'sites-enabled' (the
>>> pattern in a stock Debian Apache2 install).
>>>
>>> I think it is particularly unfortunate to remove support for explicit,
>>> granular configuration at the same time as folks seem to be jumping to
>>> implicit (aka "majyk") tools.
>>>
>>> Please revert this part of the change.
>> I just reverted the change, however, I don't think that the "slug"
>> files are useful anymore.
>
> I cannot see similar slugs in other packages either.

Agreed. I don't understand Tres's or Benji's point either; thanks to
buildout we've left such slugs long behind us I thought. Typically
people would symlink these into an old old installation of Zope 3 (or
copy them over).

Explicit granular configuration isn't broken at all; if you want to
explicitly include zope.file, you include its configure.zcml, not its
"zope.file-configure.zcml".

Unless Tres comes back with some convincing explanation soon, please do
get rid of this stuff.

Regards,

Martijn