[Zope-dev] zope.publisher

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Mar 5 11:16:09 EST 2009

Roger Ineichen wrote:

> Does grok need to register this new adapter somewhere?
> If the adapter configuration is missing the default skin
> apply pattern will break.

As long as zope.publisher's configure.zcml does it, Grok will load that
up. Grok isn't different in that respect; it only uses Grok-style
registration in packages that explicitly use grok or grokcore.* libraries.

It's quite possible Grok can start using some of your changes for its
REST skin implementation (which do apply to IBrowserRequest), though I'm
not 100% sure.

I'm trying to understand why the default default skin cannot be
registered as an interface, instead of the introduction of an adapter.
Is this because defaultSkin can only be used for IBrowserRequest?

I think you need to update the upgrade notes in zope3docs too to point
out this change. If there is anything people should change to their
code, you need to explain how to find what needs to be changed and what
change to make. You need to at least warn them that something big
changed if they get problems with their skins and point them to
zope.publisher's changelog.

I'll also note that this is *not* a minor bugfix release of
zope.publisher, so it should be 3.6 not 3.5.7. Also don't use 'dev'
markers in CHANGES.txt; only in setup.py.

Regards,

Martijn