[Zope-dev] zope.publisher uses deprecated IView

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Mar 6 09:28:52 EST 2009

Hey,

Wolfgang Schnerring wrote:
> since Dan Korostelev commented on my https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/338136
> saying I should take it to the mailing list, here goes:
>
> zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserView inherits from
> zope.component.interfaces.IView, which actually is
> zope.component.bbb.interfaces.IView -- marked as deprecated since
> 2004, but no pointer what the replacement should be.
>
> What's going on here?

I actually remember running into this many many years ago and got so
confused I gave up on it then. :) Hopefully someone else can tell you more!

Something is definitely funky in here.

I wonder what happens to our compattests if we simply remove this
inheritance relationship. If nothing directly refers to IView it might
mean everything will still work...

Regards,

Martijn