[Zope-dev] deprecating the deprecation system?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sun Mar 8 09:38:46 EDT 2009

Hi Chris

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] deprecating the deprecation system?
>
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > Thoughts?
>
> + sys.maxint to all of that from me :-)
>
> I think documenting that something is going to go away is
> useful, but ultimately, people only really worry about it
> when something stops working.
>
> I've got way to bored to the millions of meaningless
> deprecation warnings emitted by *released* zope/plone/blah
> versions over the years...

Millions, that doesn't sound like serious statement.

Can you give an example of a meaningless deprecation
warning? I don't know of any useless deprecation message.
Every message makes me faster if I update my or zope code.

Could it be that you depend on packages for a long time
which deprecated code and don't have time to update them?

I allways update my projects and migrate them if I work
on something. This way I don't see any deprecation
message on my production system. Or if so, I know what
I have to for a next release.

Regards
Roger Ineichen