[Zope-dev] New package: zope.authentication AND the problem.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Mar 12 12:51:18 EDT 2009

Hey Dan,

Thanks for your answer.

Go ahead and make zope.publisher depend on zope.authentication. Could
you document a summary of this discussion within the Python code that
implements these adapters? (or the ZCML if you think that's better)

As a general point, right now the whole idea to use alternate requests
with most Zope Framework libraries is rather theoretical.

It may very well be that at some point in the future we develop the
priority to make as many Zope Framework libraries work independently
from zope.publisher as possible, or perhaps directly port it to use webob.

I think that will be the moment when the real head-scratching begins,
and I'm not sure whether this move really helps prepare the way very
much considering the scale of the effort involved. But do it anyway. :)

Regards,

Martijn