[Zope-dev] zope.app.security refactoring results

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 16 09:42:29 EDT 2009

Hey Dan,

Thanks for doing the great work and thanks for this summary. Go Dan!!

Could you update our upgrade_notes in the Zope Framework documentation
with a sketch of your work here? My work is that eventually we can
aggregate information from our changelogs to create a similar document
from them, but we're not there yet.

On a related note: I noticed that you earlier released some packages as
a bugfix release even though they had been undergoing some dependency
refactoring. I think we want to err on the side of caution an always do
a feature release (x.y instead of x.y.z). I've noted this down now in
the steering group decisions.

Dan Korostelev wrote:
[snip]
> I created another thread about
> possibility of death of local permisions, so may be this package will
> be named "zope.app.localpermission" and forgotten forever. :)

+1, as mentioned in that thread.

Regards,

Martijn