[Zope-dev] Dependencies for ZCML

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Mar 17 12:09:04 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 17 March 2009, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> If a package defines a *lot* of ZCML, we will have to wonder about the
> purpose of the package (is this really a library-like package or more
> like an application defining a UI or something?), and we'll have to
> think about another strategy.
>
> I want to move this discussion to concrete examples next and see what a
> treatment of moving out ZCML would entail.

A common complaint I am hearing about z3c.form, for example, is that I should
use the ZCML more in my doctests, so that the doctests contain more example
on how to use ZCML to create z3c.form pages.

At work I have started taking this approach more and more and it makes tests
actually more readable and provides better documentation to consumers of the
libraries/code.

Regards,
Stephan
--