[Zope-dev] zc.recipe.cmmi shared builds

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Mar 24 15:51:36 EDT 2009

On 2009-03-24, Wolfgang Schnerring <ws at gocept.com> wrote:

> I'd like to extend zc.recipe.cmmi to support shared build directories.
>
> Use case example: we use lxml in a lot of our projects, which
> currently means having to build libxml and libxslt over and over
> again, since the buildout needs to be standalone and thus can't depend
> on them being installed on the system. But while that's a necessity
> for deployment, it's really annoying for development.

I added a feature to http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.recipe.staticlxml last
week that skips the expensive compilation step if there's already an lxml egg.

I could do that by using a couple of assumptions that were build into the
recipe.  So if you need the shared build directory just for lxml, this could
save you some work.

The recipe uses zc.recipe.cmmi, though, if I remember correctly.  So your
approach could fix it at the source instead of my one-recipe-only solution :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com