[Zope-dev] A note on the PyCon Program committee.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:28:28 EST 2009

2009/11/3 Gary Poster <gary.poster at gmail.com>:
> I had a "rethinking interfaces" talk accepted.  It's about the
> positives and negatives of zope.interface and zope.component, driven
> primarily from the perspective and experience of the Launchpad team,
> and myself in particular; and about changes that might be made or
> differences we are interested in.
>
> It is an advocacy piece only in the sense that we are saying that, by-
> and-large, we like what the packages give us, but it is more
> challenging than that.  It's an interesting pairing to Jeff Shell's
> invited talk, which appears to cover some of the same ground from more
> of an advocacy/tutorial perspective.  I was honestly a bit surprised
> that mine was accepted when Jeff's was already scheduled, but maybe
> mine is "the dark side" version of his talk. :-)

Well, if you cover the good and bad sides, as your great OSCON talk
did, but then also proposes what can be done about the bad sides, your
talk would be of narrower interest, but also more important. :-)

I'm really sorry I can't go to PyCon this year, the talks are going to
be awesome. Hopefully I can see the talk online at some stage. :)

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64