[Zope-dev] Relative path support for z3c.recipe.paster?

Jonathan Ballet jonathan.ballet at securactive.net
Thu Nov 5 08:18:03 EST 2009

Hi Adam,

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Adam GROSZER <agroszer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jonathan,
>
> bin/buildout -N does not fit you?

In fact, we have very strong constraints where our buildout's results
are ran : most of our customers deploy this package on host which
don't have freely access to outside. Running "bin/buildout -N" is out
of the question since this will certainly fail. Maybe "bin/buildout
-o" could work for us.

Currently, we are testing if we can ship the result of a buildout
without re-running the buildout on the target host. If we could have
relative paths everywhere in the buildout, this would certainly make
the process less painful for us :)

Anyway, I started to look a bit at z3c.recipe.paster, and it seems a
little bit more complicated than I originally found, since it involved
copying some more code from zc.recipe.egg which need to be passed to
zc.buildout.easy_install.script() call... I'll keep you informed.

Best regards,

 Jonathan