[Zope-dev] Making zope.dublincore independent of zope.annotation

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Tue Nov 24 11:16:18 EST 2009

I'd like to see the hard dependency of zope.dublincore on zope.annotation
gone. This would lift the indirect dependency on the ZODB.

zope.dublincore uses zope.annotation in three places:

- For defining the IZopeDublinCoreAnnotatable marker interface which isn't
  used in any of the packages mentioned in ztk.cfg, which basically
  amounts to all of Zope. I suggest simply deleting this interface.

- For implementing and registering the ZDCAnnotatableAdapter which only
  makes sense if zope.annotation is installed in the first place. I
  suggest making the registration of this adapter conditional on whether
  zope.annotation is installed, which removed the hard dependency.

- For tests, which would require zope.annotation to remain a testing
  dependency of zope.dublincore.

If there are no objections, I'd like to make these changes and release
zope.dublincore in the course of this week or the next.

--
Thomas