[Zope-dev] Zope3 server with SIGSEGV - what to do?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Wed Nov 25 01:42:22 EST 2009

Am Dienstag 24 November 2009 22:12:00 schrieb Benji York:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Hermann Himmelbauer <dusty at qwer.tk> wrote:
> > This occurs once in a while, so it seems something segfaults and the
> > server seems to notice that and restarts.
> >
> > Any clue what to do about this?
>
> If you're using a version of zope.security less than 3.7.1, I would
> suspect https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/181833.

Ah, thanks that could be. My current version is zope.security-3.4.1 (as from
KGS-3.4.0).

The real bad thing about this is that it seems I'm stuck with that release as
trying to upgrade to zope.security-3.7.1 fails due to dependencies. So I'd
have to upgrade all packages (btw., there seems not to be any current KGS?).

Unfortunately that seems to be impossible, as I'm stuck to Python 2.4, as my
database (SAPDB) has no support for Python > 2.4...

Any ideas how to solve this?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7