[Zope-dev] Updating the ZTK KGS

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Mon Oct 5 10:44:09 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> So I'd propose the following development process:
>
> * developers can change the version numbers in the ZTK
>
> * if the compattests all run, they can check in

I'll go ahead and update the KGS with my proposed new versions then; if
someone experiences a problem with this, feel free to flame me ;o)

> * what does a release look like exactly? We should at least have a
> documentation release sitting somewhere on docs.zope.org, with the release
> number in the URL. The 'current' URL should also point to this
> documentation. Along with this we should also publish the lists of
> versions for reuse. How?

I see two options:

- make ztk.cfg available from zope.org (why docs.zope.org, btw?) under a
  versioned URL

- release a ztk egg that depends on the exactly versioned packages

The latter is probably the more reusable.

--
Thomas