[Zope-dev] zope.site.hooks

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Wed Oct 7 03:55:50 EDT 2009

Tim Hoffman wrote:

>> GAE users  and repoze.bfg users as repoze.bfg doesn't use zope.security
>> at all
>
> I did a quick grep and it appears that repoze.bfg never actually loads
> zope.component.zcml
> so I think if the only dependancies you introduce are via zcml then you
> should be ok. And given I am running repoze.bfg on app engine it would
> seem to
> confirm this ;-)

To clarify: We're considering the addition of a module that wouldn't have
anything to do with the zcml extra but would talk about zope.security
nontheless. Only it wouldn't be a dependency declared in setup.py or in
the sense that things would break without zope.security. We'd rather try
to import it and if it isn't there, just not do one or two things in the
code on the grounds that they'd be irrelevant in that case anyway. As
we're thus not requiring zope.security to be installed, I think you should
be fine on GAE.

I mentioned the zcml extra only because that's how zope.component has to
do with the security concept already, as a motivation of why I'm letting
go of my opposition to introducing more of that concept into
zope.component.

--
Thomas