[Zope-dev] Proposal: cleaning up the content-type story

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Oct 7 11:24:20 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Fred Drake <fdrake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>> If someone would document srichter's magic grant-all-powerful PyPi
>> script, I'd run it :)
>
> That's a horrible thing to do to somebody!
>
> Note that I'm not smiling, either.  It's too easy to grant people
> access to way too many packages that way.  Somebody ran it for me,
> without my knowledge, and I learned about a lot of packages I'd never
> heard of before.  That just makes PyPI harder to use when updating
> something I *am* actually a maintainer for.
>
> On the other hand, it got me to prod for a fix to the PyPI bug that
> didn't let me remove myself from those projects.

There's both sides:

- Once you have access and can release a new version, your mental
excuse / barrier for not doing so gets lower.
- By having too many, you don't care about any of them anymore.

But I think we are still sufficiently few people working on the ZTK,
so we can grant all of them access to all ZTK packages.

I don't want to give anyone access to all the packages I have. That's
Zope + Plone + personal combined and by now about 350 packages. Makes
a total mess out of the PyPi UI. But giving people who work on
refactoring the ZTK access to the ZTK packages should be fine.

Hanno