[Zope-dev] Removing zope.testrecorder from the ZTK

Benji York benji at zope.com
Wed Oct 7 13:50:17 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Thomas Lotze <tl at gocept.com> wrote:
> I just noticed that zope.testrecorder, which is listed in ztk.cfg as an
> included package, imports from Globals, OFS, AccessControl and
> Products.PageTemplates. This looks to me as if zope.testrecorder shouldn't
> actually be part of the ZTK. It's also not used by any package mentioned
> in ztk.cfg.

As one of the last few people to touch zope.testrecorder I should
probably speak up with some background.

The package was created several years ago to experiment with writing a
browser test recorder that could output either testbrowser tests or
old-style functional tests.

It fell into disuse from almost the start but Philipp brought it out of
mothballs to cover in his book.  Since then I don't know that anyone has
worked on it -- or that it works at all, in fact.

I don't have any problem with it being dropped from the ZTK.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer