[Zope-dev] zope.site.hooks

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Fri Oct 9 08:32:50 EDT 2009

* 2009-10-09 13:59, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I propose we create a new zope.componentzcml package that contains the
> zope.component.zcml code. This package is *optionally* dependent on
> zope.security as well as zope.proxy. It should work with just a
> dependency on zope.i18nmessageid and zope.configuration. We should figure
> out a way to test out both situations somehow. Ideas?

zope.component's dependencies are:

    install_requires=['setuptools',
                      'zope.interface',
                      'zope.event',
                      ],
The extra dependencies are:

    extras_require = dict(
        hook = ['zope.hookable'],
        persistentregistry = ['ZODB3'],
        zcml = ['zope.configuration',
                'zope.security',
                'zope.proxy',
                'zope.i18nmessageid',
                ],
        test = ['ZODB3',
                'zope.testing',
                'zope.hookable',
                'zope.location',
                ],
        docs = ['z3c.recipe.sphinxdoc'],
    ),

Considering that we are not really getting rid of all the extras, instead of
creating a new package I'd rather make the dependency on zope.security and
zope.proxy optional in zope.component: it is possible to do it with conditional
imports, and we are not breaking any application already depending on
zope.component[zcml], unless they need zope.security but they are not directly
depending on it (which is bad and wrong, in any case).

Note that we are already using conditional imports in zope.component._api.
Anyway, I'm fine with what Martijn proposed if nobody else supports my
idea.

Best regards,
Fabio