[Zope-dev] Zope closes connection if the client closes the write-end of connection

Izak Burger izak at upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri Oct 16 14:13:15 EDT 2009

Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> Going out on a limb here, but I think Varnish might be trying to save
> on file-descriptors.

Interestingly, The Squid FAQ almost seems to imply that closing the
write-side can cause more file-descriptors to be used. Squid can
apparently not tell the difference between half-closed and full-closed
connections, and it makes matter worse.

Though I do not know this for sure, some reading on the subject suggests
that nginx also doesn't like half-closed connections.