[Zope-dev] writing and checking files with Manuel [PS]

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 13:08:56 EDT 2009

Chris Withers wrote:
> What I'd really like to do is write a Manuel plugin that will be part of
> testfixtures' [1] TempDirectory and would handle the following:

Oops, forgot to include the:

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/testfixtures

> .. topic:: some/dir/myfile.py
>    :class: file
>
>     ::
>
>          class MyClass:
>             def something(self):
>                pass
>
> ...to write the file.
<snip>
> Aside from looking at manuel.capture, can you give me any pointers as to
> what I'd need to write to make all the above happen?

...in particular, handling the case where the '::' is there as well as
the case when it's not.

Oh, and I guess I need to worry about dedenting the text before I write
it or use it for comparison. Any ideas?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk