[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.security/trunk/ keep trunkversion at 0. Update changes

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Sep 10 18:07:07 EDT 2009

Hi Benji

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN:
> zope.app.security/trunk/ keep trunkversion at 0. Update changes
>
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Wichert Akkerman
> <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> > On 2009-9-10 22:23, Benji York wrote:
> >> 2) if you accidentally make a trunk release no one will
> accedentally
> >> use it
> >>    because it will be the "oldest" release on PyPI instead of the
> >> newest,

Every newer release is the newest release independent from the version
number. The latest release is the current which the index points to.
PYPI doesn't know about a version (number) order.

I'm not sure how buildout can handle that. I just remember that
we run into a problem as we released an older bugfix version once
and didn't use a KGS.

Anyway, this doesn't matter if 1.2.3dev or 0 is used as
next dev version. I'm fine with 0 too.

Regards
Roger Ineichen