[Zope-dev] Problem with zope.sendmail in Python >= 2.5.1

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:46:11 EDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 10:53 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:

> FWIW, we forked zope.sendmail a while back (with the intent of
> eventually merging these changes back upstream) as
> "repoze.sendmail".  It does not use any thread to do queue
> processing.  Instead, a separate process can be run to handle queue
> processing.
>
> This is being actively maintained.
>
> http://repoze.org/viewcvs/repoze.sendmail/trunk/README.txt?rev=3688&view=markup

Thank you Chris.  On the face of it, it sounds like it could be merged
in with zope.sendmail very easily, if you have the same interfaces.
The zope.sendmail package already advertises the ability to use an
external process for processing queued mail, but that appears to be an
aspect of the design and the interfaces rather than in the
implementation.

For this particular problem I faced, though, sticking with threads was
easier for now.

Gary