[Zope-dev] Visibility of policy changes: Was: [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.security/trunk/ keep trunk version at 0. Update changes

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Sep 18 09:25:10 EDT 2009

Christian Theune wrote:
>>> I'm happy with that change, except that it might be worthwhile to
>>> announce policy changes in a separate thread.
>> Sounds good to me too, but I think the setup.py file is sufficient.
>
> I'm not sure I understand your comment correctly. The setup.py doesn't
> generally need touching.

I think there was some misunderstanding. I understood Christian to mean
I shouldn't announce ZTK policy changes hidden in some thread. If there
is new/changed policy we should announce it in a new thread so that
people can pick up on it.

I'm not sure we can *always* do this. For instance, I just edited the
guidelines for when a package should be in the ZTK or not slightly, but
it's not really a major policy change. I hope the SVN changelog is
enough for this.

Regards,

Martijn