[Zope-dev] z3c.hashedresource and cache response headers

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 11:34:21 EDT 2009

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Friday 18 September 2009, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> While working on it we wondered how and where people using
>> z3c.hashedresource set the caching headers for the resources referenced
>> by the URLs generated by z3c.hashedresource.
>
> I think I solved that in z3c.versionedresource.

/me looks

If I understand it correctly, you solved the cache response header issue
by subclassing the resource and resource factory implementations of
zope.app.publisher.browser.

I guess setting cache response headers for resources could actually be
factored out of the resource implementation. z3c.versionedresource could
then make use of that as well.

Hmmm, there's actually an older package called z3c.responseheader that
does something in that direction - it wouldn't work for resources though
as they set the cache headers themselves in the GET() and HEAD() methods.

Would it be a good idea to remove setting the cache headers from the
zope.app.publisher.browser resource implementations and make that more
pluggable? z3c.versionedresource could then probably get rid of the
resource subclasses, right?

If people think this is a good idea, I could have a look into it..

regards,
jw