[Zope-dev] Proposal: Determining packages which are in the ZTK

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Fri Sep 18 13:08:29 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> Sure:  all the zope.app packages.  They have effectively been in
> "probationary" status for a while now;  I'm proposing to remove them
> completely from the ZTK.

I'd like to leave any zope.app.* package in the under-review section
as long as one is a dependency of a ZTK package. This includes testing
dependencies. We need to care and maintain those packages as long as
we depend on them. Otherwise we could move them to the dependency
section, so we'd make sure to have a complete working set.

Take for example zope.traversing [1] which has a major bunch of test
dependencies. I'd like the process to be: first refactor the tests,
then drop the dependency.

Hanno

[1] http://svn.zope.org/zope.traversing/trunk/setup.py?view=markup