[Zope-dev] zc.buildout "not upgrading" issue (was Re: RFC: 3.4.1 KGS?)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Apr 2 12:46:22 EDT 2010

On Friday 02 April 2010, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> Why not do
>
>   python2.x bootstrap.py
>
> and then use
>
>   bin/buildout
>
> instead of the globally-installed buildout?

I definitely hear you. On the other hand, I think of buildout as a replacement
for make. And I would not want to install a special make either on a machine.

They key here is that the deployment and staging servers have very minimal
setups. And there you just want to install a package that gets you going.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek