[Zope-dev] Segfault in zope.configuration

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Tue Apr 6 03:27:46 EDT 2010

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:29:06 +0800
Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

> >> The weird thing is that it's not parsing of any file: it happens
> >> during a standard configure.zcml (for the collective.xdv package),
> >> but z3c.autoinclude itself is invoked from another ZCML file, so
> >> it must've been able to read that.
> >>
> >> Any tips on how to debug or similar experiences would be
> >> appreciated!
> >
> > Can you reproduce this, reliably?
>
> Yes.

   I already got segfaults myself with zope.component in Zope 2.11 when
   doing race conditions: two threads registering the same adapter at
   the same time. It corrupted Python memory leading to segfault few
   seconds after. Maybe somehow you have the same thing.

   I don't image writing a test for it, so I just adding a lock around
   all registration steps in the ZCA, and it worked fine.

   Best regards,

   Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae