[Zope-dev] ZConfig + SMTP Auth email logger

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Mon Apr 12 02:11:34 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-10 18:41:11 +0200, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> said:

> Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
>> I just added SMTP authentication to the email notification logger in ZConfig.
>>
>> Would somebody make a release please or give me (zagy) the proper PyPI rights?
>
> Why don't you just use mailinglogger, which has all this and a lot
> more,*including* ZConfig support, documentation (in the source release)
> and tests?
>
> http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/mailinglogger

Mainly because I dindn't know that. But besides I think ZConfig should
support the authentication (because it is supported in Python 2.6 and
there is support for configuring the logger).

But thanks for the note, I'll look into mailinglogger.

Christian Zagrodnick · cz at gocept.com
http://gocept.com · tel +49 345 1229889 4 · fax +49 345 1229889 1