[Zope-dev] RFC: Proposed new style for documenting and testing ZTK packages

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 05:41:08 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 11:18, yuppie <y.2010 at wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
> How can we make sure docs and code don't get out of sync? Do we have to
> run unittests *and* build the docs before each checkin? Will someone
> make sure buildbots and nightly tests report broken docs as well?

Hm...  As long as you use the >>> syntax and none of the
..test-block:: syntax of sphinx, the sphinx docs can be tested as a
part of the standard testruns, but I guess part of this proposal was
so we could easily use the testblock syntax as it has the possibility
to hide setup etc easier. And then I don't know the best way to
integrate it, but it would definitely be a drawback if you need two
different testruns to run all the tests...

Also I think it should be the responsibility of the one who does a
release to make sure that we can build HTML docs and that the
formatting isn't *too* broken.
Preferably these docs should also be uploaded to packages.python.org,
maybe there can be a makefile step for that in the docs?

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64