[Zope-dev] zope.testrunner (Was: Circular dependency hell.)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 12:21:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 13:47, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> Also see https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.testing/+bug/497871: there's
> consensus that unit tests should always be the first layer to run, so
> the layer name shouldn't influence the ordering.

The layers run in the same order, but the *discovery* of the layers
means they get *shuffled* in a different order, which means the result
of the shuffle is different, because the random shuffle is not
reseeded between each layer. I hoped that the different discovery
order was just for zope.testrunner vs zope.testing.testrunner, but
from Jonathans answer above it seems not.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64