[Zope-dev] version pinning on tags

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 10:59:14 EDT 2010

Hello Tres,

TS> Stephan Richter wrote:
>>> Since normally we don't pin versions in trunk, I guess we need to
>>> do the pinning in maintenance branches.  Otherwise we can
>>> keep the version pinning in trunk, but comment the "versions" option.
>>> Then, just before going for release, uncomment it.
>>> This will become one more step in creating releases:
>>> http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/releasing-software.html
>>
>> Why not leave it always pinned? This way the pinning gets transferred to the
>> branch/tag automatically.

TS> - -1.  Trunk development should not be hindered by the need to maintain a
TS> KGS of some sort.  Testing the trunk against a given KGS should be a
TS> separate step from testing against "current" releases.

You could "extends=" some sort of KGS, then override some versions
locally.

It's just crazy that you buildout friday, test, all tests pass.
You buildout monday, test, failures... because some versions moved.

--
Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary, "patriotism" is defined as the last resort of the scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit that it is the first.  -  Ambrose Bierce